Friday, August 19, 2005

Parent aside: Diary of the Food-Obsessed

Current obsession: that all those fat tomatoes, bowling ball-sized watermelons, perfect corn and arm's-length zucchini will be gone in a matter of weeks. I mean, it's God's fast food--such simple but transportive flavors that require minimal work. And sure beats the suspicious urban industries going down in the parks during the other three seasons.

I took a five-minute break only 50 minutes into class last night so we could have a field trip to the farmer's market downstairs. I need to learn how to can, pickle and freeze STAT before the streets are bereft and it's winter squash all over again!

Note: Blogger would not allow me capitalize the "a" in my headline. Since I now teach grammar, I feel a little oppressed by this. In the meantime, any other grammatical errors in this blog should not be attributed to my amateur teaching abilities, but rather should be blamed directly on my child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a 502 caribbean cruise o p price site. It pretty much covers 502 caribbean cruise o p price related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :)