The cd was for Ella--a late birthday present--but it's Rich and I who can't get the songs from They Might Be Giants' newest kid offering, "Here Come the ABCs", out of our heads. The songs are stupendously addictive after a few listens. Walking to class last night I was whistling about how Vowels Are Important Letters. Rich, I think, was Going for G.
So check out that offering as well as anything by Sufjan Stevens, and you will get a sense of our musical environs. Call us faddish, if you will, but the latter is like going to church. I'm going to tattoo his name on my arm soon--at the very least because all the little NYC hipsters beat me to tickets for five shows at Bowery Ballroom, and I'll be left to pick their scalped and faux-tattered boy beaters off the grubby street.
Friday, August 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment