Gone are the days when I could bring the curious, pleased, subdued first-born into public places.
She has been replaced by the second-born, who accompanied me this morning to a new, kosher bagel shop near the Bean's school.
In succession, she:
1. Yelled "Money!" and stuck her hand into the change bowl in front of the register.
2. Dropped the money on the floor.
Then I:
1. Hit a man on the yarmulke with my elbow as he attempted to stand back up after helping to pick up some of the money.
2. Apologized, though he didn't look satisfied with my apology.
Then the second-born:
1. Yelled "Hat!" at the man with the yarmulke.
2. Wriggled to get down so she could go sit at a table. She chose the table with platters of assorted cream cheese that were ready to be delivered elsewhere.
We narrowly avoided one of those platters heading down, floorward.
***
But we will be back, though lately they don't eye us with much regard. I mean, we really like their bagels.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this sounds just like an episode of WWE (formerly WWF) - when is your next tag team match with the Lump at your side (I hear you can do a mean clothesline)
Post a Comment