The Bean's MLK Day included a craft at the Children's Museum in Paramus that features an excerpt from the famous speech. The excerpt is pasted into a white cloud that dangles from a precipitous construction paper swirl leading up to a sun. On the sun is another pasting of international children encircling the globe.
The Bean was adamant to get the craft pasted just right at the time (while her sister tried to use paste as lip gloss) but didn't seem to give it another thought for the rest of the day. The craft seemed destined to be stored away, only to be brought out each year on MLK Day by the Bean's overzealous, misty-eyed mum. (Ha.)
We hadn't gotten around to discussing the craft and its meaning until Rich got home and he wordlessly took up the task. He and the Bean watched an excerpt of the famous speech online while I marveled at the modern technology. Kids these days!
Later, Rich got the Bean to yell, "I have a dream!" into her grandparents' answering machine. I snickered. I mean, that was just darn funny.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment