Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Disney Redux and Other Songs

In anticipation of another holiday that will inevitably include something Princess:

(and no, I'm not spending this blog delving into gender stratification...I'm just for the time being accepting preschool years as perhaps a time of exaggerated gender exploration:)

Trying one day to force a rendezvous with our neighbor's cat, the Bean suggested, "If I were like Cinderella, the cat might come. If I sing like Cinderella, the cat will come, like all the animals do when Cinderella sings."

Another day, inspired by this connection, the Bean last week took her skills to the back porch to sing to and coax a visit from the birds. That, too, was a no-go in the colder winter weather.

During a drive, she closed her eyes and sang, because, "That's how some ladies do it sometimes."

But for the moment, she aims to "sing as well as Bob Marley."

We'll see if spring brings a menagerie to the Bean's circle of song.

No comments: