Last night was the second night since last July that Lena has slept through the night. I wish I could attribute it to my gentle urging, my soothing but insistent demeanor, but since none of the above worked whatsoever, I can now thank...
...my sister.
She invited both girls down for the weekend, making for Lena's very first night (and second night) away from us. She had a fun-filled weekend involving pumpkins, lots of food, new outfit, etc., and I became reacquainted with my breast pump and my husband, not truly in that order.
My sister said that while she woke up at her usual times the first night, she only required the most basic soothing, and by the second night, she put herself back to sleep after asking a few times, "Ma? Ma?"
So perhaps to all future mothers out there, try many, many things first, but I may truly advise, that when you have the trustworthy, loving offer, and you are plumb out of ideas, I will advise:
Ship 'em out.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment