In our failing effort to find sleep peace for all four members of our family, including our two resident Pains in the --- (did I say that?), aged 1 and 34, respectively, Ella--not the Lump--has been in my bed for the last two months. Last night we asked her to think about transitioning back, starting with her mattress on our floor.
Regarding the ultimate goal, returning to her own bed in her own room, she replied, "That makes me feel like I'm all alone, in the rain."
I'll add that the new hefty new poetry volume, "Poems for the Guilty Mother."
***
As for Lena, co-sleeping just isn't working because whenever she wakes up, she YELLS until she is nursing. This technique seems to drain any potential, feel-good oxytocin OUT of my system, pissing me off.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am willing to lend out my daughter for sleepovers to assist in the get Ella back in her room ploy. I will throw the boy in there too for no extra fee.
Tip: Sleep topless...
And as for the bean..although I am most certainly NOT an expert on these matters, I. says almost the exact same thing.."But I am all alone, who will sleep with me?" merely when I leave the room. But we have discussed the possibility of his own bed (but for sheer laziness on my part I have done nothing about its purchase) and he seems to fancy the idea of having a "nest" (since he is a duck). You might try to tap into something like that, based upon current animal infatuations..
Post a Comment