Cultural Observation #67,932:
Sick of baby boomers bragging about their material possessions? Downsizing? Eco-sizing? Beware the new bragging for the Gen-X eco-parent! Because if you don't pay attention, you too could be found positioning your social status for the new millenium!
1. "Oh that bowl? That's my new experiment with composting my coffee grounds. I just haven't gotten it to the backyard in three days."
2. "And while you're here, check out my new plastic bag drying rack from Real Goods."
3. "It's not that we're holed up. We're just trying not to drive the car a lot."
4. "I wish those Fair Trade coffee prices would come down just a PINCH."
5. "We brought our own stainless steel water jug. We're trying to Just Say No to plastics."
6. "My Whole Foods grocery bill was killer high, but at least I got the 10 cent credit on my recycled bags!"
(Yes, people who live behind PVC fencing shouldn't throw stones...)
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
7 - "These solar panels are great. We are actually putting energy back into the grid. It will only take about 20 years for them to pay for themselves. Just like my new hybrid SUV."
8 - "No, that's not a swimming pool. It's my rainwater cistern. I use that water to wash my car and water the plants."
9 - "These are not styrofoam plates ... they are made of corn starch, so eat up quickly before they become part of your meal."
10 - "Did you read the latest Dwell? It gave me loads of ideas for Green design out of my reach."
Do you really have a compost heap? Watch out for those coffee grounds.. I actually wish I could but watching the fruit flies buzz around the one in the kitchen chez my MIL has kept me from getting involved in such an endeavor.
Post a Comment