Thursday, June 19, 2008

Awakened


Aluminum, peanut oil, MSG, a formaldehyde derivative: would you give these to your infant? One a heavy metal, most toxic? And PEANUT OIL? Is this the reason for the huge spike in deadly peanut allergies? If you assault a young, undeveloped immune system with toxins and peanut oil, does the system then go on the defensive each time it encounters similar food proteins?

Suddenly, this all just feels like...well, duh...

I've had my reservations about vaccines for all the usual crunchy reasons, but as I read this book (slowly) and do some ancillary research about the new research being done on immune system function, I expect I'll be very hard-pressed to allow another vaccine to be given to the girls.

Check it out. Maybe you'll be as fascinated as I am:

Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders (Hardcover)
by Kenneth Bock (Author), Cameron Stauth (Author)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Scary and thought-provoking, isn't it? He has a safer vaccination schedule + guidelines in the back, if you're not interested in doing the cold-turkey religious exemption route (the only way to stop giving vaxes to your kids in the state of NJ, as the medical exemption almost never happens). I wish I had known about it earlier!