So you may have noticed that I signed on for blog ads under a Google program called "Ad Sense" or something like that. (I'll track it down.) I don't know if they are making any money. I found it interesting to try, regardless of the quarter they may eventually send me.
More entertaining to me is Google's semi-intelligent keyword software that is trying to match ads to the content. And succeeding. Uh, mostly.
Earlier today there was an ad for educational videos on Dr. Martin Luther King. I wrote about MLK, probably with mild disrespect, but hey, I need to keep myself entertained. In the past you could have found a selection of Mr. Bean DVDs with one easy click. But tonight's ad is probably the KICKER:
"The Bean, As Seen on TV: The Bean Total Body Exerciser Shape Up in 5 Minutes a Day"
(I left out any punctuation because there wasn't any.)
"The Bean will get you lean," its site copy reads. And apparently it can be yours for 2 easy payments of $24.95!
Or you could give the money to Ob--er, your favorite candidate--instead...
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
um - there is an ad for adult diapers now.
I just saw one for Hawaii Nursing Jobs. Do it!!!
Post a Comment