1. My preferred name for a boy--nickname Auggie--should we have had one (note the past tense, ahem) and a month that is flying by but not without its adventures...
2. The month we--the girls and I--were SPOKEN to in the library, and asked to quiet down. I was a bit stricken, having spent so much time in libraries, even working in them, to actually be found the culprit. I should have replied, "Then please move your parenting books for us tired and crabby parents FURTHER AWAY from the research area!"
3. The month we excitedly ate at the Point Pleasant Beach location of Surf Taco, which I expect to be the next biggest semi-fast-food chain restaurant to come out of Jersey since Jersey Mike's Subs. Not everything on the menu sounded decently Mexican, but I had been advised to get the original Surf Taco, and was not disappointed. http://www.surftaco.com/food/food_tacos.html
4. The month that Lena, enamored of those baby books with all the photographs of real, common items such as food and animals, recognizes cows with a fervor thanks in part to a recent visit to a "living" farm in Morristown.
5. The month wherein I recognize with a fervor that I want to get my hands on some raw cow's milk to taste it. http://www.realmilk.com/where2.html
6. The month that the Bean's favorite book becomes Bruno the Baker, and I decide that it is accurate to add "eating" to a list of favorite activities requested on her new preschool's form.
(More to come as I realize what the heck we've been doing with our time...)
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment