Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Too Beached: Preggo Mother Aside #1

Okay, now I get what pregnant women have against the summer. The body must be working overtime and over-temp, because today I was sweating from EVERY pore: huge, red, sweaty face, sweat down the shirt. Husband tiling in the kitchen with no air conditioning on in the house, daughter picking out long sleeved shirt and pants for sleeping--yes, there is a temporary heat wave in New Jersey--and still I am the one feeling like I could die. (Not necessarily gluttons for punishment, we put the AC on later, after Bean and I returned from the pool.)

Now that we've (mostly) picked out a name, do you think she'll come along? Now that there is most of a real floor in the kitchen--if not working appliances--maybe that'll get her going? I mean, I needed a little extra time, but a week overdue on the second kid? The general life theme right now is becoming, "Life: not on time and not quite on budget."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so completely understand where you are coming from. I'm currently 38 1/2 weeks pg and sweating my butt off as well. I'm praying this kid is not overdue because I can't take much more. We had storms in PA this week and I managed to live through four hours with no electricity which meant no A/C and not even a fan to be able to blow the hot air around. I'll send you some labor vibes and hope your little one comes soon.