Monday, April 10, 2006

Jam Today, Jam Yesterday

In the suburbs, the Bean is beginning to understand traffic a bit better, after years as a mostly-pedestrian, or, er, strollestrian.

Yesterday, we attempted to turn left out of our street in order to drive to the Shoprite for a quick purchase of chicken to cook on the new grill. At the same time, the driver of a very large truck wanted to turn right onto our quiet street. "Oh, come on!" I think I said, fearing I'd need to reposition to give him a wide berth and then wait while he turn-turn-turned.

The driver left me go first instead.

"Great!" I heard the Bean exclaim. "Now you can be happy!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I'm sure Aiden will be right there with her. He probably thinks "Sonofa" is a word. I usually don't finish it, but I'm sure his take on it is very different from mine. I've been trying to watch what I do and say but old habits die hard.

I hope you were happy for the rest of the day!